Push advertising began to be used very recently - in 2018. Prior to this, push notifications were more informational in nature. For example, they informed the user about the release of new materials on the site, notified about new messages on social networks, etc. Now they are used much more actively for many reasons. But the main thing is that they are very noticeable.
Push notifications are clickable messages that are displayed on the computer desktop, the screens of smartphones and tablets of those users who are subscribed to the newsletter. There is a huge plus - notifications appear on top of other windows on the desktop. Even if the browser is currently turned off. And if the gadget is offline right now, a notification will still arrive as soon as it reconnects to the Internet. Therefore, it’s almost impossible to miss push advertising.
Why this type of advertising has become so popular
Push advertising soared in just a couple of months. And there are several reasons for this:
The effectiveness of push traffic has already been appreciated by thousands of companies at all levels, including large corporations. But the most important thing is a completely financially affordable way to attract the target audience, which does not require large investments. In addition, here you pay for the result - transitions to the site and other targeted actions, and not just for impressions.
How to use push advertising
There are several options for launching this type of advertising:
Setting up an advertising campaign for sending push notifications takes no more than 15 minutes, after which you can start sending out. Users will instantly see your "push" or as soon as the gadget has access to the Internet.
Indisputable advantages of push notifications
The advantages of push notifications are many for each of the "parties" - advertisers, web developers and ordinary users who receive them. Among the most significant are the following:
● Subscription to the newsletter is carried out in one click and only at the request of the user. This is not only convenient, but also significantly increases the loyalty of the audience, which, instead of spam, receives the information that it really subscribed to.
● The subscription itself is completely anonymous - the user does not need to enter any personal data - name, surname, phone number or email address. Accordingly, no information can be transferred to third parties, which increases security.
● It is very easy to subscribe to notifications - contacts are collected through android applications, as well as in browsers.
● If you do not buy subscriptions, but collect them yourself, you will get the most involved and interested target audience that is really interested in your product or offer. Non-targeted users minimum.
● Messages are delivered instantly even to users who have left your site or left the application. They can be found later, but they will definitely be seen.
● The push notification format is quite unobtrusive. They appear as a small pop-up banner in the browser or a compact feed on the smartphone.
● Even inadvertently, users will see your message, as it pops up over other windows. Even if a person immediately brushes it off, the information will be deposited in memory and at least serve as a reminder.
● Compared to Email and SMS, the price of push notifications is much lower. And even more so than contextual advertising. For the same money, you can get much more coverage of the target audience.
Please note: if the user reinstalls the browser or clears cookies, then his subscription is terminated until he again subscribes to notifications in the application on the smartphone or on the website. This is perhaps the only serious drawback of push traffic.
Purpose for which you can use push mailing
There are many scenarios for using “push” advertising networks, and the number is only increasing. We will consider the most common:
● Resuming an abandoned session. If, for example, the user viewed the goods on the site, but didn’t buy anything, you can offer him special conditions in the notification, notify of a discount on the goods of interest, and tell about the limited time offer.
● Incomplete purchase reminder. Suppose a user added an item to a basket, but never made an order. With a notice, you can remind him of this and push him to complete the purchase.
● Returning the user to the site. You can report the arrival of new products, the release of a new blog article, talk about upgrading your service or, again, fresh promotions. You can also offer to participate in surveys, take tests, get a personal discount, etc.
● Interested in a re-purchase. If a person has already made a purchase on the site, you can attract it again. Report on the availability of other relevant products, show that they are actively buying it now, give bonuses or discounts.
● Informing about anything. You can share company news, useful articles, changing operating modes, etc. with users.
In addition, you can inform about the status of transactions, lure new readers with intriguing notifications, encourage direct purchase of goods, ordering services, downloading and installing applications, etc.
5 rules for successful promotional push notifications
For your push notification ads to be effective, follow these simple guidelines:
And the last - use only trusted services to work with push notifications. Our Zel.Biz service offers a full range of push mailing options for advertisers and web developers. With us you can use all the features of push mailings and work with your audience even more efficiently.