It’s difficult to get stable and high traffic to your site. But even more upset is that 90% of visitors to your site will not return to it back. However, there is a way not only to increase the influx of new customers, but also to return those who have already left your resource. These are push notifications in a browser or on mobile devices.
The advantages of this communication method are obvious:
● You can constantly be in touch with your potential client and convey important information to him;
● this is an opportunity to increase repeat traffic to your site up to 80%;
● push notifications - one of the best alternatives to Email and SMS.
Plus, we add high security - many modern services that work with push notifications in the browser provide anonymity and support blockchain technology, which we will talk about in this article.
So what is push notifications
Push notifications in the browser are short text and graphic messages that appear in the browser or directly on the user's desktop after they subscribe to the newsletter. By clicking on the notification, he will go to your site at the link specified in the message.
Push notifications are supported by all modern browsers. They first appeared in the Safari browser, and later, in 2015, in Chrome version 42. Today, any popular browser fully works with notifications, provides anonymity and security.
Who needs push notifications in the browser?
There are two main categories of people who are particularly active in using push notifications in their activities:
1. Web developers. They can embed the code to collect newsletter subscriptions directly on their website, and then use the accumulated base for their own promotion or sell it to interested parties.
2. Advertisers. For them, “push” is an opportunity to quickly, conveniently, efficiently and unobtrusively advertise a product, remind yourself, inform about promotions and sales, etc.
In addition, notifications can inform about messages in messengers, about financial transactions (in the same blockchain with cryptocurrencies), about new emails, etc. Today, users are already very used to this method of obtaining information and are very loyal to push notifications in the browser. As on smartphones / tablets.
A few words about the benefits of push notifications
Let's dwell on the three main advantages of push notifications:
Security is another major benefit. The fact is that when subscribing to Email or SMS mailing, the user is forced to share his own data - phone number, email address, sometimes first name, last name, date of birth, etc. In the case of push notifications, no data is collected, which ensures better anonymity and security. Subscription is carried out literally in one click without filling in additional fields and other things.
Who will get push notifications for business?
Security, anonymity and confidentiality are far from all the benefits. Push notifications are a very versatile tool that can be used for different categories of users and businesses:
1. Online shopping. Notifications become a more convenient alternative to trigger mailings about payment, sending an order, an abandoned basket, etc. You can also announce discounts, sales, promotions.
2. Infobusiness, news sites. Convenient news reporting on the site, announcing the release of new materials, sending special offers to users.
3. B2B services. You can send information to partners about changes in tariffs, terms of service, announce new features, fresh materials in your own blogs and much more.
4. Travel agencies. You can quickly confirm information about departures and departures, send out the latest information about hotels and tours, announce new travel routes, offer special conditions to customers, etc.
Push notifications as part of blockchain technology
To date, push notifications and blockchain are mediocre. However, in the near future, the introduction of blockchain technology is quite possible to increase security, anonymity and confidentiality. Blockchain technology can be used to store and process personal data.
Blockchain as a way to organize user interaction has several significant advantages:
● Provides anonymity and security for the user. He does not share any of his information. Security at the highest level.
● Guaranteed high speed. Notifications are delivered instantly if the user's computer is connected to the Network.
● Interactions, like any transactions, are anonymous.
It is likely that very soon the blockchain will cover many areas of human life. And user communication in instant messengers or using other tools is far from the only one. True, so far the majority of blockchain technology is associated exclusively with cryptocurrencies. Although the scope is much wider.
Examples of good and bad push notifications
Unfortunately, today many sites abuse the power of push notifications and use them to send outright spam. This in turn can to some extent undermine the trust of users in this way of interacting with sites. And the Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers are already testing new functionality that will prohibit the display of a pop-up window offering to subscribe to the newsletter. Instead, a small icon will appear, which you can click on and after that subscribe to notifications.
Based on this, you need to understand that the notifications themselves can be both “good” and “bad”.
Examples of good notifications:
● change in the status of contacting support services, completion of a transaction, other notifications important to the user;
● notification of the status of the order - “accepted”, “formed”, “sent”, etc .;
● information about the receipt of the goods of interest to the warehouse;
● response to comments, questions, etc.
Bad examples include:
● notifications of receipt at the warehouse of goods that the user was not interested in;
● frequent reporting of discounts and sales;
● informing about new articles on the site;
● replies to comments that the user has left for a long time, etc.
We strongly recommend that you carefully think through what you want to convey to your audience, experiment with formats and not be too intrusive. And then push notifications will give a really good effect.