The classic Google AdWords contextual advertising service is not straightforward. Even having studied the training materials from the search giant, it is difficult to independently set up and run an advertising campaign that will work correctly and will attract the target audience. Google understands this, and therefore in 2011 introduced a simplified service - AdWords Express. His main idea is to automate everything that is possible, allowing the advertiser to concentrate on sales.
According to the developers themselves, the launch of advertising requires no more than 15 minutes. All you need to do is a few steps:
1. Compose the ad itself
2. Set a budget
3. Indicate the goods and services that you will promote.
The system takes care of the rest - sites for placement, targeting, click price, etc. Such google advertising is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses, whose owners do not have extra money to contact a web promotion studio.
AdWords Express is designed as follows:
1. Follow the link and register in the service if you have not done this before.
2. Start working with the service, indicate the name of your company.
3. If necessary, connect to the My Business service using the "Information about your company" tab.
4. Create the first ad: select a target from the proposed options, create the ad itself and set a budget.
5. Specify the geolocation of the target audience.
6. Indicate the type of goods or services that you offer.
7. Set your budget and run your ad campaign.
If you do not have experience with similar tools, we want to give you some recommendations:
1. Start with a small budget. Do not handle large amounts in the first month. Start small, see how effective your advertising campaign is, make changes if necessary. When you achieve good results with a minimum budget, you can increase the amount.
2. Schedule delivery times. It’s very important to use an impression schedule. The activity of the audience is very different throughout the day. Optionally show your ads after work hours - the audience is more active.
3. Use call tracking. This tool will allow you to translate the results of offline activity into more convenient online metrics, evaluate the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, and better understand which channels customers have come from.
The service has many advantages:
● The new AdWords interface is easier and more understandable for an inexperienced user, there are no complicated functions.
● Good automation, allowing you to run ads really in 15 minutes.
● The ability to see the results of work and track the effectiveness of advertising directly in the interface.
● Inclusion and exclusion of key phrases literally “on the fly”.
But working with AdWords Express has some limitations:
● Analytics is quite limited - it’s more difficult to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising.
● The toolbox is significantly reduced compared to classic AdWords.
● Many of the placement settings cannot be set on their own - this is left to Google.
● It’s difficult to build a long-term PPC strategy; for long-term promotion, it’s better to use classic AdWords.
In general, AdWords Express is a great tool for a new small company, which is just getting started and is not ready to pour huge budgets into advertising. But for large firms and organizations, it is unlikely to be interesting because of its limitations.
Learn more new from the world of Internet promotion, stay tuned for news on the Zel.Biz blog!